On March 22nd, 2016 the first of several announced add-ons for Bethseda Softworks’ FALLOUT 4 arrived. And AUTOMATRON is certainly is a sight to behold. Just look at that teaser presentation gave us prior to release:
Automatron has a berth of new things and features well worth the price of admission… or complementary with the one-time fee of the glorious Season Pass. Just remember… your Sole Survivor has to be at least level 15 to enjoy (which is no problem, if you’ve dumped 270+ hours into it, like yours truly). New stuff includes:
- One new questline featuring the nefarious Mechanist, a familiar figure from Fallout 3.
- The scariest patchwork robots I might have ever seen in a video game
- One new permanent companion
- Five unique weapons
- One new type of mix-and-match limb armor
- Three legendary Power Armor pieces
- One new named enemy faction
- THE ABILITY TO DESIGN AND CREATE YOUR OWN ROBOTS
- That can be used as settlement NPCs and wasteland companions!
- And even includes the ability to completely overhaul everyone’s favorite Mr. Handy butler, Codsworth!
- And is almost certainly the best part about the whole DLC!
I’ve already run through the main major questline, and it is everything I expected and MORE! Come for the cool sci-fi story, stay for the non-stop DIY robot customization. Until you run out of those resources you’ve hoarded your entire playthrough.
Of course, you have to own FALLOUT 4 before you dive in, but the AUTOMATRON add-on is currently on sale for only $9.99 on Steam, Playstation Network, and Xbox Marketplace. Or you could set yourself up going forward with the cushy SEASON PASS for 49.99 and guaranteed access to future add-on content, like WASTELAND WORKSHOP this April and FAR HARBOR in May.
Latest posts by TV's Casey Stroz (see all)
- All About Thanos’ Black Order - 2017-07-16
- The Tick Trailer Heeds Destiny’s Call to Adventure - 2017-07-14
- Stranger Things 2 Looms October 27th - 2017-07-11